When people think of Dream Con, they usually think of anime, gaming, and pop culture. The truth is – Dream Con is all of those things plus more! With a large variety of panels and events, Dream Con is also considered to be a major networking event for people who need advice with their business, tricks on how to monetize their content, or how to get started in the industry. With attendees coming from all over the world, Dream Con allows people to meet face-to-face, connect, and build with each other in a supportive environment. While Dream Con has an abundance of special guests, it is always encouraged to network across, as attendees will never know who can help them achieve their dreams.
Ways to Network at Dream Con:
- Use Dream Con’s Mobile App, Discord, and Twitter Community to connect with others BEFORE the con
- Be open, be approachable, and receptive to new connections and learning from others
- Exchange socials and tag people you meet
- Know the schedule, attend the right panels, and come with questions
- Remember, networking is a two-way street so make sure you share your knowledge and experience, help others, or connect them with someone else
If we learned anything from watching anime, every main character becomes stronger with a team. Expand that network!