HAND MADE COSPLAYS ONLY, Non-handmade cosplays please refer to the Cosplay Runway here. Dream Con's Cosplay Contest comes back for its third year! Come witness your favorite characters come to life! Dream Con's Cosplay Contest is open to all attendees.
- Contestants cannot submit a double entry for the Cosplay Contest.
- Costumes must provide as much coverage as a standard bikini/swimsuit.
- Offensive or vulgar costumes (i.e. Hilter cosplays etc.) are not allowed in the Cosplay Contest.
- No gun props nor real weaponry allowed on the contest floor! All real weaponry is banned from the convention center. Individuals caught with real weapons will be dismissed from the convention center immediately.
- All costumes MUST BE HANDMADE! You must have made 80% of your cosplay. This does not include shoes and wigs. If you enter a cosplay into the craftsmanship category that you did not make and you have bought, you will be disqualified. You may not re-compete in a cosplay that has won a best in show or best in category from any other convention. If you have competed with it at the previous con in a previous year unless it has had at least 60% of it remade. You may also not use the same audio that was used, we want to see you perform to the best of your ability with new and interesting entries, not the same ones from years past.
- You may NOT enter a cosplay that has won or placed before if you do and we find out we will remove you from the contest.
- Contestants will have a walk/skit time of 1 minute and 30 seconds. Groups have a max of 3 minutes. If you go above your allowed time we will cut it off at the allowed time limit.
- Contestants must send all music in an mp3 file, DO NOT send us a youtube link, we will not accept it.Please ensure that you have submitted the correct music file for your performance. If your music is not right or does not sound like it is correct during your performance, wave at us to stop and investigate the issue. Dream Con is not responsible for finding your correct song online. Please remember that all contestants are responsible for all aspects of their performance. We will have a sound check in the morning of the competition day. You must do an audio check with us so we can ensure nothing goes wrong during your performance.
- All performances must be pg-13 if it comes off as anything vulgar or inappropriate we will cut you off. Remember this is a family-friendly convention.
- If you have stage props and need time for setup and takedown, let us know and we will attempt accommodate you.
- You must provide your own stage ninja’s.
- If you have flower petals, etc be sure to clean up after yourselves, we will not clean up for you and you may not take more than 1 minute to clean up!
- No jumping or running off the stage! Safety is number one!
- Your costume must be able to walk up and down stairs without issues. Your costume must also allow you to have clear visibility. We do not want you to get hurt or damage your cosplay.
- A summary of what your performance is required. In order to make sure the show is not all just all lip syncs or dancing your performance will be reviewed based on what you write and from there you will either be accepted or denied. If you are denied, you are welcome to try again with another idea. If we get to con and your written summary is not what you perform on stage, you will be stopped and removed.
- Dream Con’s Cosplay Department reserves the right to disqualify any cosplay contestant at their discretion.
- There will be a morning meeting starting at 9am on saturday, IT IS MANDATORY!! We will be going over how the cosplay contest will run and get your scheduled craftsmanship judging times during this time. We will also be going over your audio check, and you will have time to practice your skit on stage before the big show.
- Be sure to have your progress shots ready for the judges, No cell phone photos, all progress pictures must be printed out.
- Respect the judges!
- You will be assigned a judging time once your application has been approved. Please do not be late. Judging is the same day as the masquerade. There will be a mandatory meeting at 9am and that is when you may also do a soundcheck and walk the stage.
- All contestants must be ON TIME to costume Judging and sound check. If you are not on time and you have not told us you would be running late, you will not be able to soundcheck and you will not be able to have your costume judged and will be disqualified to win a prize.
- Any cosplayer may enter in the Master division.
- Professional Cosplayers MUST enter into the Master division.
- 80% of the cosplay must be homemade.
- A cosplayer who has won three or more contests is apart of Journeyman category.
- Professional Cosplayers may not enter in the Journeyman division.
- A cosplayer who has participated and won twice in the Master division at another anime convention may not enter in the Journeyman division.
- A cosplayer who has won “Best in Show” or “Best Journeyman” four times or more may not enter in the Journeyman division.
- A cosplayer who is competing for the first time or who has not won an award is apart of the Novice category.
- Professional Cosplayers may not enter in the Novice division.
- A cosplayer who has competed and won in either the Master or Journeyman divisions may not enter in the Novice division.
- Professional Cosplayers may not enter in the Youth division.
- All youth cosplayers require parental permission to enter the contest.
- All Youth cosplayers are required to have a guardian in attendance during the contest.
- Individuals over the age of 13 may not enter in the Youth division.
- All skits are judged on overall performance, group design/theme, and prop designs.
- All members are required to perform at their selected time.
- All skits require audio tracks or pre-recorded music.
- All skits are required to use only audio tracks or pre-recorded music that they own.
If you do not abide by the rules provided you will be disqualified and banned from the Cosplay.
*Professional Cosplayers: Any individual who earns the majority of their income from cosplaying related events or projects.
If you have any issues please contact us: Programming@dreamconvention.com
If you have any issues please contact us:
# Cosplay Contest Application
Make Your Dreams Come True
What are you waiting for!?
You won't want to miss this year's convention!
Tickets Coming 2023!