Volunteer applications are Closed.
Thank you for your interest in Dream Con Volunteer Crew! Anime conventions run on volunteer power and Dream Con is no exception. Be sure to read this section fully. Fill out the form to become part of our Dream Team. We recommend filling out the form on desktop as the mobile format may have bugs.
Volunteer Code of Conduct
All volunteers must exemplify a professional attitude and attire at all times. All volunteers must respect con-goers, dealers, guests, and other staff members, regardless of gender, race, religion or any other differences. On the day of their first shift, volunteers must check in to the volunteer headquarters. All volunteers are expected to complete at least 12 hours of volunteer work during the convention.
If you are unable to work your specified shift, please notify the head of volunteers within 2 hours of your designated time. No call, no shows will result in having your badge removed and banned from volunteering at future Dream Con events. Please check your spam folder and add “email@example.com” to your contacts to ensure receipt of all future email updates.
Crew Recruitment Phase 1
Crew Applications Open (Early Release; Previous Members Only)
OCtober 16, 2023
Crew Applications Open (Full Release; Available To Public)
October 27, 2023
Crew Applications Close (Subject to change)
May 13, 2024
All general applications submitted from:
October 16th to December 31st at 11:59pm CST will be classified as WAVE 1 Priority Applicants.
January 1st to March 17th at 11:59 pm CST will be classified as WAVE 2 Standard Applicants.
March 18th to April 14th at 11:59pm CST will be classified as WAVE 3 Waitlist Applicants.
April 15th or later will be classified as "Waitlist Reserve" and have no confirmed timeline or correspondence.
Crew Recruitment Phase 2
Approved Applicant Notification Dates
Selected candidates will transition from their respective general applicant classification to "Approved Applicant" upon receipt of a confirmation email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, only approved applicants tentatively accepted to join the Dream Con Volunteer Crew may receive follow-up correspondence regarding their status. Rejected applicants may not receive any updates regarding their application but we appreciate the interest and encourage everyone to apply again in the future. All status updates are issued on a rolling basis as they become available however the following are the final dates to expect correspondence if a candidate is selected depending on the original application submission date:
- Selected candidates from the WAVE 1 Priority Applicants will be notified via email on or before FEBRUARY 10th @ 11:59pm CST and must submit the enclosed onboarding documentation by MARCH 3rd @ 11:59PM CST
- Selected candidates from the WAVE 2 Standard Applicants will be notified via email on or before APRIL 7th @ 11:59pm CST and must submit the enclosed onboarding documentation by APRIL 21st @11:59 pm CST
- Selected candidates from the WAVE 3 Waitlist Applicants will be notified via email on or before APRIL 24th @ 11:59PM CST and must submit the enclosed onboarding documentation by MAY 5th @11:59 pm CST
All candidates from WAVE 1 and WAVE 2 that are not selected/approved and do not receive correspondence on the aforementioned dates will automatically have their submissions rollover to the WAVE 3 Waitlist Applicant cohort for further consideration in the event there are additional vacancies. However, please note rollover applications that are not selected/approved by May 13th ultimately still may not receive any final updates or follow-up correspondence. Again, we appreciate your interest and encourage everyone to apply again in the future.
Failure to submit onboarding/orientation documents by the above deadlines may result in a cancelled offer. Extensions must be requested prior to the deadline. Our team highly recommends confirming travel, lodging, and other relevant accommodations prior to accepting this commitment.
Crew Recruitment Phase 3
Confirmed Membership Onboarding & Orientation
All "Approved Applicants" will transition to "Confirmed Member" of the Dream Con Volunteer Crew upon accepting their offer by completing and submitting the following information:
- Confirmation Of Intent
- Schedule Questionnaire/Survey
Additional documentation may be required depending on a confirmed crew member's department and position. These include, but are not limited to, confidentiality agreements, emergency contact lists, liability waivers etc. Members are expected to attend any required remote meetings scheduled by their department leads. These are typically once or twice a month. Members are expected to complete action items issued via email correspondence in a timely manner or risk revoked membership and removal from the Dream Con Volunteer Crew.
Orientation meetings are scheduled to begin for confirmed members during the last week of April. Department assignments will follow in late May. Depending on operational needs, meetings may begin earlier for confirmed crew members assigned to high-priority roles and department.
The deadline to request schedule changes will be June 16th at 11:59pm CST. Failure to submit a request on or before this date may result in removal from the volunteer crew and restrictions from additional opportunities.
As a reminder, Dream Con leadership reserves the right to terminate volunteer crew membership at staff discretion for any reason without notice; particularly if onboarding documentation and orientation participation is not in alignment.
- Three (3) days of admission to the event-at-large via single day badges distributed each day based on performance reviews facilitated by Dream Con leadership.
- One (1) commemorative Dream Con Volunteer Crew T-shirt. Additional shirts may be available.
- Access to the volunteer lounge during member’s shift(s) within normal event hours.
NOTE: All additional benefits below vary between years and sometimes between departments. These perks are contingent upon a volunteer crew member's daily performance as reviewed by the executive leadership. All rewards are subject to change at staff discretion without notice.
- Food/Catering/Meals via lounge
- Access to Volunteer Crew Discord channel and community events through end of calendar year
- Access to volunteer lounge during regular show hours including outside of shift. In the event capacity of the lounge is reached crew members currently on shift will be given priority access.
- Access to exclusive reserved discounted hotel block(s) while availability lasts
- Access to after parties and special events
- Feedback sessions with event staff/leadership to debrief and improve future events
- Eligibility for inclusion in official media recap content
- Written referrals/recommendations for other events and opportunities
- QA/beta testing new products and programs
- Early access and priority consideration for next year's crew/volunteer application
- Early notifications and early access for staff applications; when vacancies are available
- Must be 18 years old by first day of event (proof of identification required on-site at venue)
- Abide by all Dream Con Policies
- Abide by all rules and regulations enforced by all venue(s): hotels, convention center etc.
- Abide by all federal and state laws
- Abide by all safety and health policies established by the venue(s): hotels, convention center, etc.
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours (maximum of 24 hours)
- Volunteers are not allowed to impersonate staff members
- Volunteers must not alter, damage, or edit Dream Con administered apparel and equipment: tshirts, vests, buttons, megaphones, clipboards etc.
All volunteers must adhere to the dress code for the entirety of the convention. The dress code is as followed:
- No swimwear or bikinis
- No body paint or extremely tight-fitting clothing
- Shirts, pants, and shoes must be worn at all times
- No offensive clothing (shirts with certain language, obscene images etc.)
- No tattered or ripped shirts or jeans
- Acceptable level of hygiene
Dream Con recommends that all volunteers wear comfortable clothes; many positions require long periods of walking and standing.